Feeling blessed this day, this week, this month.
- that my son delights in his small pile of birthday presents.
- that I’m able to give him a small pile.
- to listen to glorious Christmas music – for free. And to have money left in my wallet to give a hungry woman lunch money.
- that my noisy, boisterous children have the strength and the joy to run and carouse through the church
- that my too-large to keep clean house is warm – and the Christmas tree with its lights and its imperfect, kid-made decorations hides the mess
- that my children are too smart for me – but not too smart to enjoy decorating the tree – and singing carols
- that my scruffy, noisy dog spends every night in bed with my lonely son
- that, without spending our last dimes on trinkets and geegaws and junk, I’m feeling the joy and blessings of Christmas
Sometimes, the things that make us sigh and wring our hands hide blessings-in-disguise.
What are your blessings-in-disguise?