Over at Copyblogger, Jonathan Morrow has written an incredible post about his own experience as a baby with Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
Totally inadequate summary:
- Jonathan was diagnosed as a baby with SMA and was supposed to die by the time he was 2
- His mom refused to accept the doctor’s prognosis and kicked medical butt to make it untrue
- His mom refused to accept the assumptions of other professionals that Jonathan could not be a productive member of society and kicked educator butts to ensure Jonathan had every opportunity to fulfill his destiny
- Jonathan refused to accept the condescension and pity of others around him
- Now, at age 27, the man, who was supposed to die at age 2, kicks writers butts on Copyblogger.com
- The point of the post was not about Jonathan but about being a fierce and ferocious champion of your ideas, just as a mom is a fierce and ferocious champion of her children